- Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
- Personal Data about You
- Information You Provide to Us
- Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- How We Use Your Information
- Your rights
- Other Websites
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information
- European Union Residents
- Personal Information outside your Country Residence
- Data Security
- Children Under the Age of Majority
- Privacy Notice for California Residents
- Contact Information
- When you visit our Websites, including the information you may provide in email. text, and other electronic messages between you and the Website.
- When you interact with our Applications or advertising on third-party websites and services, if those Applications or advertising include links to this policy.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Websites and Applications, including personal information, which is defined as information about an identifiable individual, which may personally identify you, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address and telephone number or more technical information such as your computer’s operating system and your Internet Protocol address, but only when this information can identify you as an individual. Depending on your jurisdiction, personal information that is aggregated and/or deidentified and/or anonymized cannot be associated with an identifiable individual and is not considered to be personal information. Subject to applicable data protection laws, we may collect necessary information directly from you when you provide it to us or automatically as you navigate through the Site.
We Process the following categories of Personal Information about You
- Personal details: given name(s)
- Demographic information: gender and date of birth / age
- Contact details: correspondence address; shipping address; telephone number; email address; messenger app details; online messaging details; and social media details.
- Consent records: records of any consents you have given, together with the date and time, means of consent and any related information (e.g., the subject matter of the consent).
- Purchase details: records of purchases and prices; and consignee name, address, contact telephone number and email address.
- Data relating to our products: product identifiers, product name, location data, actions triggered through the use of partner integration.
- Data relating to our Website and Apps: device type; operating system; browser type; browser settings; IP address; language settings; dates and times of connecting to a Website; App usage statistics; App settings; dates and times of connecting to an App; location data, and other technical communications information (some of which may constitute personal information); username; password; security login details; usage data; aggregate statistical information.
- Employer details: when you apply for employment or interact with us in your capacity as an employee or an employee of a third party, the name, address, telephone number and email address of your employer, to the extent relevant.
- Content and advertising data: records of your interactions with our online advertising and content, records of advertising and content displayed on pages or App screens displayed to you, and any interaction you may have had with such content or advertising (e.g., mouse hover, mouse clicks, any forms you complete in whole or in part) and any touchscreen interactions.
- Views and opinions: any views and opinions that you choose to send to us, or publicly post about us on social media platforms.
Sensitive Personal Information
We do not seek to collect or otherwise process sensitive personal information in the ordinary course of our business. (For example, your social security number, financial account information, your precise geolocation data, or your genetic data.) Where it becomes necessary to process your sensitive personal information for any reason, we rely on one of the following:
- To perform the services or provide the goods reasonably expected by an average consumer who requests those goods or services.
- To prevent, detect, and investigate security incidents that compromise the availability, authenticity, integrity, or confidentiality of stored or transmitted personal information.
- To resist malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal actions directed at the Company and to prosecute those responsible for those actions
- To ensure the physical safety of natural persons. For example, we may disclose a consumer’s geolocation information to law enforcement to investigate an alleged kidnapping.
- To perform services on behalf of the business. For example, we may use information for maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing analytic services, providing storage, or providing similar services on behalf of the business.
- To verify or maintain the quality or safety of a product, service, or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by the Company, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured by, manufactured for, or controlled by the Company.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Websites or Applications may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites or Applications. This includes information provided at the time of purchase, product registration, account creation, subscribing to email notifications, newsletters, posting product reviews, or requesting customer service.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your responses to contests, giveaways and competitions including photos and other images.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site (such as products viewed or purchased, promotional codes or information), including traffic data, geolocation data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site, i.e., functions like search or customer service.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Site may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity). We purchase ads to place Husqvarna products and services in your feeds on social media and news sites based on your browsing patterns and searches.
How We Use and If We Share Your Information
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and The California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA) as well as acts in certain other states require us to provide you with additional information regarding how we collect, use, and share your personal information. Although we do not directly monetize or sell your Personal Information, we may disclose it or allow third parties to collect it in limited situations that may qualify as a “sale” under certain privacy laws. We will not disclose your personal information to any third party, except when authorized by law and in accordance with applicable laws, with your consent or in the following circumstances:
|Categories of Personal Information||How We Use Your Personal Information (including the Business Purpose)||Whether the personal information is shared||Retention period of the information|
|Consumer personal identifiers such as your name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.||To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.|
To provide you with notices about your product including service recommendations and warranty information.
To maintain an existing customer relationship with you for the duration of the product lifecycle.
To provide you with an opportunity to upgrade your existing product and purchase safety related equipment.
To provide you with information on our own similar products and services that can be reasonably expected to be of interest to you.
We run contests, giveaways and competitions, usually through partners or online. The specific contest itself may ask for the processing of specific personal information (example: “send in a picture with you working in your garden”)
To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
To provide unique and secure account access to the eCommerce platform for end users.
To enable the payment for a direct purchase when Husqvarna is the seller on record towards an end consumer.
To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide your information.
|Yes. The information is shared with our service providers to carry out such services as: the completion of sales and product shipments, to process payments including credit card authorization service providers and to facilitate returns, refunds or replacement parts and accessories. Husqvarna Newsletter Signup Eloqua / Oracle Sales Lead Gen Signup Forms Eloqua / Oracle||Your personal information will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which it was collected and for which consent was received unless otherwise required by law. (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the services). Personal information that is no longer required to fulfil the identified purposes will be destroyed, erased or made anonymous.|
|Records of products or services that you have purchased, obtained or considered.||To enable direct sales through our eCommerce platforms to you or through a third party marketplace and to arrange for shipment and delivery of product. eCommerce user accounts may include contact information and personal identifiers as well as account information such as passwords. |
To enable communication with end consumers for the purpose of customer feedback, general inquiries and customer service on Husqvarna products and services. To provide warranty, including proof of warranty and communicate with the end consumer regarding their warranty.
|Yes. We may share your personal information with distributors, dealers or other business partners in connection with the services as permitted by law, and where required by law, subject to your consent. These parties will process information needed to perform their functions and in accordance with our agreements with them. We may share your personal information with marketing and communications vendors, which help us market our products/services to you, conduct promotions, events, surveys and other outreach campaigns. Website Reviews Bazaar Voice communication with end consumers for the purpose of customer feedback||Your personal information will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which it was collected and for which consent was received unless otherwise required by law. Personal information that is no longer required to fulfil the identified purposes will be destroyed, erased or made anonymous.|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with an internet website application, or advertisement. Including views and opinions that you choose to send us or publicly post about us on social media platforms.||To store information about your preferences, allow us to customize our Site according to your individual interests, speed up your searches and recognize you when you return to our Site.|
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use our sites. You can read more about how Google uses your personal information here:
|Your personal information will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which it was collected and for which consent was received unless otherwise required by law. Personal information that is no longer required to fulfil the identified purposes will be destroyed, erased or made anonymous.|
|Geolocation Data||Enable connectivity of your Husqvarna Group product(s) and service(s) (Internet of Things): use smart assistants including voice enabled devices; use connectivity platforms to connect your product(s) and service(s) to third party devices, apps, and services; and build your own smart home integration.||No. Your geolocation data will be maintained internally by the Company and not shared||Your personal information will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which it was collected and for which consent was received unless otherwise required by law. Personal information that is no longer required to fulfil the identified purposes will be destroyed, erased or made anonymous.|
|Business identifiers such as name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers||To contact and communicate with B2B customers and dealers through representatives and employees, with regards to business dealings with those businesses including Lead generation at trade fairs, B2B marketing and B2B direct sales including to dealers and corporate customers B2B customer relationship management B2B provision of warranty and service.|
Provide education and information on products to individuals who represent Husqvarna (such as dealers) or professionals using the products as part of the job with business customers. Also, to get input from dealers (dealer councils).
To administer sweepstakes, contests, loyalty programs, and other promotional events for which you sign-up or enter, such as scheduling and arranging tours of facilities or our attractions or participating in product introductions and other trade shows
Yes. We share your information to support products sales and services, product warranty and parts and accessories. We share your information to generate lead collections, to provide education and training to our dealers and other business customers.
|Your personal information will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which it was collected and for which consent was received unless otherwise required by law. Personal information that is no longer required to fulfil the identified purposes will be destroyed, erased or made anonymous|
Note: When possible, rather than using personal information, we will anonymize and/or aggregate personal information so that it no longer identifies an individual and use it for the purposes mentioned above or any legal purpose.
- As permitted or required by law. We may disclose your personal information as authorized or required by applicable law, for instance to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- Business transactions. We may disclose your personal information to a third party in connection with a sale or transfer of business or assets, an amalgamation, re-organization or financing of parts of our business. However, in the event the transaction is completed, your personal information will remain protected by applicable privacy laws. In the event the transaction is not completed, we will require the other party not to use or disclose your personal information in any manner whatsoever and to completely delete such information.
You can request access to and review the information we have about you and update your personal information by logging into the Site and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to or correction of your personal information. Various jurisdictions may provide you with additional rights to access your information, delete, correct, opt-out of sharing and other rights more fully described in the State Privacy Notices (See Links below).
The Site may contain links to third party websites. Husqvarna does not exercise control and is not responsible for the contents or privacy practices of third-party websites that may be linked from the Site. Such websites may place their own cookies on your computer and/or have different ways of collecting and handling personal information. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy practices of such third-party websites before using them.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review the information we have about you and update your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to or correction of your personal information. Various states may provide you with additional rights to access your information, delete, correct, opt-out of sharing and other rights more fully described in the State Privacy Notices.
European Union Residents
Personal Information outside your Country of Residence
The Company is headquartered in the United States, and the personal information that we collect and process is retained and stored in the United States. We may use service providers that store personal information on our behalf in the United States and in other third countries. Please be aware that the United States, and these other third countries, may not provide the same level of protection of personal information as in your country, state, or other jurisdiction outside of your country of residence and your personal information may in some cases be transferred to those jurisdictions outside your country of residence. As a result, you understand that your personal information will be subject to the laws of other jurisdictions than your country of residence and may be available without notice to you to foreign government authorities under lawful orders and laws applicable in such jurisdictions. Regardless of the Company or person who processes your information and where it is processed, we will take steps to protect your information in accordance with applicable data protection laws and this policy. By continuing to provide us with your personal information, you hereby acknowledge and agree that your personal information will be transferred to, and stored in, the United States and in such other third countries. If you are accessing our Site from outside the United States, you are transferring your personal information to the United States and you consent to such transfer. If you do not want your personal information transferred to the United States, you should not share your information with us or make use of this Site.
Personal information will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which it was collected and for which consent was received, unless otherwise required by law. Personal information that is no longer required to fulfil the identified purposes will be destroyed, erased or made anonymous. We have developed and implemented detailed retention principles and will ensure destruction of personal information in a method that prevents improper access.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
We have implemented appropriate technical, physical and organizational security measures designed to protect your personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, unauthorized access, and other unlawful or unauthorized forms of collection, use or disclosure of personal information, in accordance with applicable laws.
Because the internet is an open system, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will implement all reasonable measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us using the internet – any such transmission is at your own risk, and you are responsible for ensuring that any personal information that you send to us are sent securely.
Children Under the Age of Majority
Our Site is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under the age of majority may provide any [personal] information to [or on] the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of majority. If you are under the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside, do not use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Site or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of majority without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of majority, please contact us at email@example.com.
Privacy Notice for California Residents
Privacy Notice for California Employees and Candidates
Combined Privacy Notice for Virginia, Colorado and Connecticut Residents
Privacy Notice for Applications and Services Provided by a Husqvarna Affiliate in the EU